Friday, September 17, 2010

Eventful

Today was BUSY. I am now busier than I thought I would be... I just took on something at work that will be about 4-5 hours a week. It's good. (PS, it's with DZ, and it's working with 6th graders! and technology!) It will be fun, but now I hope that I'm 1) not too busy, and 2) that I stay busy enough so that I don't have to take on anything else this year. I'm sure something else will happen and that I'll have to take on something new, but hopefully I'll get time to get into a routine with this new project before I get busier.

It's always a crazy game where I work. We rarely run out of work, but we often don't know what we'll be working on in a couple of months. I also have an opportunity to work on a big new proposal and I can't decide if I want to or not. Err, maybe it's more accurate to say I don't want to, but I can't decide whether I SHOULD or whether I can get away with not working on it. Always something.

And another example of "something".... This morning, I was really busy with meetings and working like mad, and guess what happened? My computer DIED. It flickered and then it crashed and then it wouldn't restart. MWH took a look at it (and he knows a LOT about computers). He pronounced it "most likely DEAD."

I was tremendously panicked because I didn't have one thing backed up and it was the ONE THING I NEEDED TO WORK ON TODAY/THIS WEEKEND. Somehow, miraculously, my computer restarted and let me get the document; then, it died again. (I'm still hoping it will start again, but two more restarts didn't work... Maybe MWH can say an incantation and make it work a little more.)

Honestly, I don't know how my computer restarted,, but I am so thankful it did and that I got my files! Now I have to finish that document (and work on that other thing too). This weekend, I pledge to work at least 4 hours--more if I can manage.

The girls had today off school. I had our new baby sitter watch the girls. She brought over little flower pots and painted them with the girls. Super cute. New babysitter needs a bloggy name here. Maybe I should call her 18 (her age), or BB (she plays basketball), or ... eh, we'll go with 18, BB sounds too much like baby. Cool?

Not much to tell you about 18; she loves the girls, is eager to please, but she doesn't pick up as much stuff as N3nnny did around the house. Despite that little flaw, she seems refreshing. After 18 left this afternoon, I took twoK and oNe to their gymnastics class. As we were getting ready to head home, oNe noticed many kids from school were at the park, so we stopped to see what was occurring. (Their gymnastics class is in a building at the park.)

Apparently, a couple of things were happening. 1) Several Moms just gathered with their kids and 2) one Mom had arranged a time for all the kids in the class to get together so familes could meet. It's always odd when you "crash" an event at the park. We've crashed a couple of birthday parties there so crashing an informal gathering seemed less awkward. It was kind of cool....

I knew some of the Moms from when oNe was in K and first grade but hadn't really talked to them for a couple of years. Running into all the moms and kids that we knew made the park feel much like the center of a little community. It was nice. We were all just chatting and catching up. It's fun to talk with the Moms who have kids older than my girls. It gives me a little glimpse of what life will be like as the girls get older.

The mom I was talking to tonight about her daughters used to really annoy me. Tonight, she only mildly annoyed me. I think that's progress.

What else... Oh, I now like EXTREMELY dark chocolate--like 85% cacoa. I used to only like milk chocolate. In about 2006, I got introduced to Swiss Dark Chocolate from Switzerland and started to like it. After that, I couldn't go back to wimpy milk chocolate. Now, I like the hard stuff. I like it because a little goes a long way. I eat about 1/10th of a serving and feel satiated.

One more random-ish kind of thing, I got my hair cut. I didn't get a lot of length taken off, but I did get it cut back into a style that I just spent the last 8 months or so growing out. What can I say other than I needed a change again? It's the same haircut I've had many times, and I kind of flip between three similar haircuts, but right now, I think I'll stick with this one for a little while and let it get a teeny bit longer. Unless, of course, I decide I need another change. Who knows, I might.

P.S. This was typed on my little iPad with keyboard. (Oh, how I love the iPad!)

No comments: