Monday, September 27, 2010

Not a good start to the week

I had to go in for fasting blood work this morning. That meant EVERYTHING about this morning was WRONG and it seemed to drag through the day.

1. First, I was late to the blood draw appointment because traffic up to the lab was horrible.

2. Then, I was late to work because I was late to the appointment and it takes SO long to draw my blood because my blood draws are complex. They only took about 6 vials this time. I think I gave about 14 once--6 seemed like nothing, but I guess they have to figure out how to send it off to another lab and all that. (My blood has to be shipped out for some of the tests.)

2b. At the lab, I parked in the garage because I didn't want my food for the day to get too hot. When I was leaving the garage, I turned on my lights and then, I got to work and l left my lights on. Of course, I didn't notice for 7 hours until I wanted to go home...

3. My battery was DEAD--deader than a dinosaur*. The security guy couldn't get my car to start. I am not sure if he 1) had a poor set up, 2) didn't know what he was doing, or 3) if my battery was too dead for a standard jump.

4. Called a tow-truck. It cost $65 for the jump. Fortunately, my car started and it wasn't something else. Now I'm debating about whether I need AAA.

5. Due to the car issue I missed one of my workouts. BUMMED... STRESSED... Could have used the workout. I felt like I wasted 2 hours of my life getting my car jumped.

6. I got home about the same time as usual, but the girls were not as far along in their evening routine as usual, so BLEH, had to get them finished. oNe was tired so homework took longer. twoK hasn't started her homework for the week. SIGH. Already behind.

7. I'm tired and I still have tons of work to do, but I'm probably going to go to bed now and just get up early. I HOPE I CAN GO TO ZUMBA tomorrow... I MISSED MY WORKOUT TONIGHT. I NEED A GOOD WORKOUT. I'm not yet sure if I will be able to go to Zumba or not because of my new work project. I'm going to try and go to at least 1/2 of the class. I NEED IT.

Sorry to yell, but BLEH. Just imagine how grumpy I'd be if I'd missed all my Pilates workout today--I missed about 15 minutes of it.

oNe also had a horrible day at school. I told her it was a big, fat, ugly, horrible Monday. She laughed a little.

On a more positive note, MWH had a good day. He had his annual review at work and they love him. Can't say I blame them. He is awesome, smart, and cute. I'm guessing it's 'cause he's so cute that they love him.

I'm still hoping for a better day tomorrow.

*A title of a book that was on our bookshelves when I was a kid. I've never read it, but I loved that saying when I was a kid.

No comments: