Saturday, June 05, 2010

obsessive? UPDATED

I tend to, um, get a leeeeeeetle obsessive about health things. I told you I got the blood glucose monitor... I couldn't blog yesterday because I was so worried and freaked out. I have tested muchly in the last 48 hours. I was really worried yesterday (Friday). Today, I'm feeling more hopeful. Here's the lowdown...

approximately 2 hours after eating dinner on Thursday, my blood sugar level was 105. I was pleased. I had massive carbs as I had a LOT of whole wheat pasta with broccoli and peanut sauce and two very little squares of chocolate (dark chocolate bar where 10 little squares = 1 serving).

Friday morning after fasting for 12 hours the level was 115. I was NOT happy.
2 hours after eating friday afternoon it was 115.

I decided to skip niacin Friday night.

Saturday morning after fasting it was 98 and 92 (I did two tests just a minute or so apart). Woo! I took 1 niacin yesterday (Friday morning). That's half my normal dose (2x a day).



The plan for now... I'll try skipping tonight's niacin dose and see what it is tomorrow. If it's low tomorrow (sunday) I may add back the niacin on Sunday night and see what the level looks like on Monday. If it goes up again, we'll be more confident that it's the niacin. I sure hope it's the niacin.

On another note, I'm very confused as to why my doctor who ordered my blood tests hasn't called me. My glucose was high, but the A1C was normal. She usually calls.

(Yes, I am obsessing about health issues like my Mother and Father did. I am going to be a real mess when I'm 80!)


Update

Sunday morning 99
Monday morning 97

I skipped the niacin again Sunday night and I'll try adding it back tonight (Monday). I am pleased to see my results around 100 right now.

No comments: