Saturday, June 05, 2010

two weekends

Last weekend was Memorial Day. Ahhhhh... Three-day weekends are great. However, this week was busier at work because of it. Last weekend, was a lovely relaxing weekend. Saturday, we took the girls to run errands, let them run through their favorite fountains and then went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Sunday, we got together with our lovely friends, ate lots of food, and swam (at P and L's house). I forgot to take my camera, but as I was there, I was contemplating that the camera wouldn't capture that 1) the weather was perfect, and 2) the feeling of happiness being with our dear friends. Yea, I am trying to rationalize and make myself feel better for having forgotten the camera.

Monday, I don't remember what we did, but it was glorious having the day off! I know I baked, we did a teeny bit of cleaning in our loft (it'll get done someday....), and we just relaxed... Oh, yea... I read a ton of a web site to learn some stuff.

So far this weekend, we hung out this morning--the girls' gymnastics class is on break so woo! we got to sleep in and not rush out in the morning. Then I tried to figure out how to get all my FB status updates out of FB. I succeeded with the help of a couple of different tools. This one archives EVERYTHING. It was actually more than I wanted as I just want my status updates. I found this and it was perfect for all the statuses after August of 2008. Something must have changed in FB back then. So between the total archive and that nifty little tool, I have them all.

After I stopped being sucked in to the web, we took the girls to the children's museum and then to dinner at our favorite restaurant and then to a park to run around like crazy people.

Oh, don't call the Vegan police, but I had salmon at the restaurant tonight. I haven't had any salmon since February. I've been toying around with whether I want to eat salmon or not. I decided to try it this evening. If I do decide to eat fish occasionally, it will be very occasional, like once a month or less. Right now, I feel more full than usual from the fish. I don't feel "sick" or anything, but my system definitely was a little surprised by the salmon; right now, I'm not sure I want to eat salmon again.

Tomorrow is a birthday party at a swimming pool and then we're going back to P & L's ad swimming. The girls will be thrilled... double swimming!

One exciting thing, it's not really new, but it's exciting.... oNe is old enough to take a shower all by herself without help! It's super exciting. I never thought we'd be at the day when they were getting to be less and less work, but we are here. I always knew that someday, we'd hit a sweet spot. The spot when they still were young enough to love hanging out with us, but old enough to not be SO. MUCH. WORK. I think we are there. Pretty darn cool!

Okay, off to snuggle with little girls while they still like it.

1 comment:

Lab Coats said...

Thank's for sharing with us. Nice article