Friday, May 07, 2010

Survived

I last tried to write when I was on the layover on the way to my meeting, but I couldn't do it. I was so depressed about the trip. I was only gone for about 80 hours, but that was 79 hours too long! I totally missed the little girls and MWH! I am going to try really hard not to agree to any more trips unless MWH and the little girls can go with me. I feel wimpy, but I don't like to travel. When I'm asked to do a trip, it never sounds that bad when it's 1-3 months away and so I say, yes.

As the date arrives, I regret it. I have to remember this. I have to learn to say NO. I was seriously bummed by the trip. For the week preceding it, I couldn't seem to focus on anything but how much I dislike traveling. It sounds a bit dramatic, but the trip really made me lose a lot of time--not just the time I travelled, but all the time I stressed about it the week before. I shouldn't have stressed, but I did.

Now I'm losing time because I am so jet lagged that I feel DUMB. I can't concentrate on anything. I can barely remember things. I saw a mom-friend that I talk to a often, and I couldn't remember her name. The entire time we talked and then for about 5 minutes after I couldn't recall her name. I was relieved when I remembered it, and also that I hadn't needed to say her name while we were chatting.

I spoke to my bestest colleague/friend PS and she is exhausted from the trip too. She said, "I had lunch with [friend] and we went shopping, and I wanted to lay down in the fitting room and take a nap.

Heh.

We were going to go out to dinner because I'm so tired I was sure I'd burn myself if I tried to cook, but Three-a isn't feeling well. A little cold I believe. MWH is going to bring some home for us.

Also, oNe slept funny and her arm hurts... shoulder area. She's really in some pain and trying to do everything with her left arm. Unfortunately, she can't scoop her cat's litter box.

And now it's Saturday and I still haven't pushed publish... The news from today; Three-a is better and oNe is sick. Argh. Always something!

No comments: