Thursday, April 01, 2010

rare

This morning, MWH and I got up and he offered to take oNe to school. Super! It wasn't even an April Fool's joke that he was offering. (I didn't think it was, but since it's the day, I thought I should mention the possibility.) N3nny was gone today (and tomorrow), so I got to spend more time with the girls. twoK, Three-a, and I hung out and had a lazy breakfast and then took twoK to kindergarten. Three-a and I went to Target.

I almost didn't have to work today, but then, we had to do an important phone call with a potential NEW client. The call went well, and I think we're going to end up with them as a new client. (Sidebar: For the record, I did the phone call on my iPhone in my car with Three-a in the back and she was playing with a new toy I bought her at Target.... PS, could you hear her? I think she was pretty quiet and I kept putting my phone on mute!) If we don't get them as a client, I'm going to be really depressed. If we get them, I'm going to be really busy. Busy is probably better than depressed, but I'll be crazy again and it'll be my own fault (story of my life). The other good thing, if we get them as a client, my bestest colleague (aka my supervisor) and I will get to work together.

I love working with best colleague! There's a set of three women at work that I really like to work with on projects. They are: Bestest Colleague (aka supervisor), New Colleague who works really hard (M), and Colleague with a new baby (J). (I should probably come up with better nicknames but not tonight.) Anyway, I am working with them on one new project right now, and they are all on the team for the potential new client. If we get the new client, we'll have 2 projects that involve the four of us--that would be fun. There's another potential project that would involve the four of us too, but I'm not even going to think about it 'cause I don't want to jinx its possibilities.

I'm trying to figure out how to balance family, work, and Zumba and I'm struggling. I hope it gets better as I get projects that are stable for longer than a couple of months. If we get all the potential projects, I'm going to be way busier than I want to be, but it'll be good for where we work to have all the projects, and there are plenty of people to do the work, and if we need more people, we'll hire more. In this economy, being busy and needing more help is kind of rare. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to be learning a LOT in the next year or so.

There was a lot more I was going to write, but it's now about 3 hours since I started this post and I've forgotten what all I wanted to say.

On another note: This week has been a very sad one as MWH's kitty of 17 years passed away. He was such a good kitty. He had been diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure more than two years ago. He did really well with his failing kidneys, all things considered. He was hanging pretty strong until the middle of last week. It was then that he started having difficulty in jumping up on the bed. By Saturday night, he didn't want to eat any more. He passed early Tuesday morning. We were happy that "the end" was quick, and that he wasn't in pain, but we are very sad. We will miss our sweet, gentle boy. He was the best mannered kitty I've ever met.

The last few years, he just slept a lot on our bed, but he was always there. Now, I come home and find myself going in to check on him, and he's not there. I miss him and I miss his snoring. (He started snoring very loud a couple of years ago... heh.)

2 comments:

PS said...

I didn't hear anything on the call--you muted well! I think it's pretty clear we're going to get it, and we'll all be working together on two projects now, woo!

Lola Granola said...

I'm sorry about Hobbes! The last pet tie with your "before" life...Caddie is on her last legs too, we think. Oh well.
I sure get the juggle...i am having a terrible time.