Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yum and easy!

Trader Joe's has organic broccoli slaw already shredded! (And it's really cheap inexpensive!) I made a dressing with ~ 1/2 a cup veganaise, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar. I chopped up about 2 tablespoons of onion and then I mixed the dressing, and put it all together. It took about 5 minutes. Later today, I'll chop up an apple and add walnuts and cranberries. I don't know whether MWH will like it or not, but I do! And it's super yum! I love slaw on tortilla chips (is that weird?).

[Sidebar: Heh, what don't I love on tortilla chips? There is actually one thing, it's hummus. I DO NOT like hummus on tortilla chips.]

Here's
another recipe
for when I get bored of "slaw" dressing. (I copied and pasted the recipe in case that blog goes away.)

12 oz bag (5 cups) Organic Broccoli Slaw
1/2 cup Country Italian Vinaigrette
1/3 cup sliced green onion (2 stalks)
1/2 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Slivered Almonds

Toss the dressing with the slaw and toss until evenly distributed.
Add remaining ingredients and combine.
Chill and Serve.
Serves ~8

That Trader Joe's blog is fun and I'll be exploring it for ideas. I recently bought a jar of sunflower butter and I decided I didn't like it. I was wondering if I could make cookies with it. I found the answer here... but I'm not sure if I should make them or not... GREEN??? Hrm.

No comments: