Tuesday, March 16, 2010

going to not take on anything crazy for a while...edited

Really!

I agreed to do something major at the girls' school. It took a lot of time. It culminated yesterday. I think it worked out, okay. There's a few things I'd do different next time, most notably saying NO! Okay, I'll probably do something similar again, but not for a while!!

I'm cooking dinner right now--black beans simmering on the stove, and rice cooking in the rice cooker. Soon I'll sauté up an onion and pepper and we'll have it all together... (Or rather, MWH and I will have the onion and the pepper added to the beans and the girls will have the beans plain and eat red pepper on the side.) Here's the recipe, roughly...

1 lb black beans, soaked
8 cups water
1 tsp (or to taste) salt
Couple of garlic cloves (to taste)
1-2 tsp of cumin

Simmer forever.

Then cut up
1 onion
1 red pepper
sauté in 1 TBSP oil
add another teaspoon cumin

Then take some water from the beans and add it to the sauté.
Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.

YUM! (Edited, the beans, cooked this way, are kind of plain. We (MWH, me and oNe) spice them up by pouring salsa on them at the end. Three-a and twoK like them plain and mashed with a little mozzarella cheese melted on top.)

So, anyway, I'm cooking beans and rice and Alfr3d (yes, our 3rd roomba) is running and cleaning the dining room floor and 'm blogging. If I'm not a master of multi-tasking, I don't know who is!

No comments: