Friday, February 12, 2010

oh... hi...

I didn't forget about you, I've been busy... and stressed. No matter what I do, I can't stop thinking about those test results. It happens that I wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking and can't stop...and then I'm a bleary-eyed mess the next day. That's what happened last night/today.

So, for the last month, I've had this weird feeling in my throat. It could be 1) stress, 2) the bad thing that I have antibodies for 3) a regular sore throat 4) allergies, or 5) something else bad. Can you have a sore throat for a month? I imagine you can. Once oNe coughed for 4 weeks... I coughed for over 3 weeks.... For some reason I think twoK coughed for 6 weeks, but I can't find a link to it.

My throat is weird.... It doesn't really hurt, just a little; swallowing doesn't hurt, but it feels funny. Sometimes swallowing hurts and sometimes it feels like something is stuck in my throat when I swallow just water. I have my normal amount of energy (but is somewhat lower than usual because I am overwhelmed by those results (see above)). My glands feel a little swollen.

Since we've had illness in the house since the throat started I haven't been that worried about it, but I'm ready for it to be gone now.

Ugh. I'll probably get my self into a doctor at some point in the next week if I don't feel better.

2 comments:

KH said...

I had a sore throat for several weeks a few years back... very strange so I finally went to my doctor who discovered a lump... had an ultrasound on it... it was a fluid filled cyst. They had to stick a needle in my neck and drain it (it looked like beer) and then test the liquid, which turned out to be benign. They said it may come back or it might not. In the end it ended up being no big deal and my sore throat went away immediately after they drained it!

RUTH said...

About coughing, which is not actually your problem but I happen to know stuff about :-)
Coughing for up to 6 weeks is not uncommon. If you damage the lining of your lungs (usually in my experience by coughing it up) then it takes up to 6 weeks to heal. Here, if you're still coughing after 6 weeks, they do a lung x-ray to check for TB. Twice I've had a form to get a lung x-ray done and a few days short of the 6 week mark my cough had finally gone away.