Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010: The first 3 days

I don't believe I said, Happy New Year!

So far, the first three days of 2010, have been lovely. I've meant to blog, but haven't had a chance. I started the year by going to Zumba first thing on 1/1/10! So good. That night, we had favorite friends over for dinner. It was lovely. I made this soup, but I forgot the salt. It wasn't bad, but it is MUCH tastier with the salt. My friend made the yummiest brussel sprouts and caponata. We had a vegan feast!

On Saturday morning, after oversleeping, I got to see a friend and have breakfast. On Saturday afternoon, the whole family took a walk together. We walked about 2 miles. (I want to make this a monthly thing for us.)

Today, the neighbor girl came over and played, and then after a couple of hours, we (the five of us) and part of the neighbor girl's family (the girl, her brother and dad) went to the park. When we got back from the park, twoK and the neighbor girl wanted to play some more so twoK went over to their house for a while. Super fun. twoK feels she never gets to play with the neighbor girl, so she was ecstatic today.

Late this afternoon, Three-a and I went to the store and gathered food. Three-a is my little buddy so it was nice for us to have some one-on-one time. I'm cooking black beans from scratch (simmering now). MWH and I had chard for dinner (yum!). The girls ate pasta and some veggies.

Reading about the weekend doesn't sound that exciting, but it's been wonderful. I'm totally chill and I don't want to go to work. All the craziness is scheduled to resume tomorrow. Argh! I'm going to try to maintain MORE balance in my life this year. Really. This feels really nice right now. Goals for the year coming soon.

No comments: