Tuesday, September 01, 2009

knees, shoes, and schedules

1. The knees don't hurt much (really not much at all) but they aren't letting me do all the stuff I want to do. They will get back, but it will take a while. I need to go sign up for 4 more weeks of PT. Sigh.

The injury seemed "sudden" but it wasn't. It was YEARS of my overuse of some muscles, and not others. It was also probably due to wearing crocs... I heart my crocs, but I have to get some new shoes with better arch support. (Oh darn! Heh.) I could tell you about the annoying sales man at the shoe store, but I won't because that would be negative, but he made me mad. He snubbed his nose at my crocs. He sneered at some of my questions. Not a good approach for me to want to buy shoes from you. He did know a lot about shoes, but that's no reason to make me feel like a loser. Okay... that's enough.

I think I'm going to get these shoes.

Maybe these?

2. Schedules... I'm trying to get my schedule kind of in-place. I'm going to work at work M, W and most (some) Fridays and try to not work too much on T/Th. I'll check in and do some reading (and then when we work on the new project I'll write at home on T/Th). That's the plan. In the past, plans and schedules NEVER worked out, so I gave up planning. We'll see what happens this time.

I still have to try to figure out volunteer time in the girls' classrooms. I think T/Th mornings will be my school times.

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

schedules are good, even if they are just to tgive you a baseline to depart from.

And Danskos are good, although I'm kind of off mine. One thing about the clogs is that I have turned my ankle in them badly a couple of times. Not to make you look like a chef, but at least when you are wearing jeans and running around, the ones with backs are good, and really really comfy, And hideous, I know, but you're above that, right!

I'm fighting a knee too. The only good thing about this aging thing is that it beats the alternative.