Sunday, June 07, 2009

Weekend accomplishments

1. I have managed to work about 3 hours this weekend. MWH just took the girls out for an errand so I should get another hour. I'm only about 4 hours behind schedule now. Progress!

2. I did 50 + push ups today. I imagine I'll be walking around tomorrow saying "I HAVE PECS!" I'm back on a push up kick. I was able to do 17 push ups in a row in January, but now I'm only able to do 12 well. I made myself do 15 in a row and the last 3-4 were really bad. I will have to work back to 17, and maybe even up to 20. I'm starting to do tricep dips as well. And, I want to start working on pull-ups again (with the machine that displaces some of your weight so you can do them and get a good workout).

3. We got to see the movie UP this weekend. I liked it. oNe liked it. MWH liked it. twoK and Three-a were a bit scared. Poor Three-a gets dragged to so many things I would have NEVER taken oNe to when she was younger. I guess that is the fate of the youngest.

4. twoK and I went to a birthday party for a little girl in her class at PreK. The little girl will be going to the same school as twoK for Kindergarten. twoK was so excited to have her OWN party that oNe wasn't invited to. twoK still managed to come home and throw a fit when something didn't go EXACTLY her way.

My friend PS is in [exotic foreign country] right now. I don't like to travel, but I am envious of all the folks who are gathered in [exotic foreign country] for [Big Conference in our Area]. Hi PS! Have fun for me! I miss you!

2 comments:

PS said...

Hi JK! I'm in a talk now, reading your blog :)

Our workshop went well and it's fun to see old friends!

Zaz said...

I LOVED Up, but it made me cry like a baby and I got weepy just at the mention of it the rest of the night!