Friday, June 12, 2009

Looking for the right word

I'm doing a fun project at work. The problem is that it's leaving me feel, um, dissatisfied? I love a lot of what I do at work, but I rarely get to do my VERY FAVORITE thing any more The project I'm working on now is reminding me of that. I just looked up dissatisfied and came up with these options

Text:having a feeling that one has been wronged or thwarted in one's ambitions

Synonyms: aggrieved, discontent, disgruntled, displeased, dissatisfied, malcontent

Related Words: disappointed, frustrated, unfulfilled; disquieted, disturbed, perturbed, upset; dejected, depressed, despairing, despondent, disconsolate, doleful, down, downcast, downhearted, forlorn, hangdog, inconsolable, joyless, low-spirited, miserable, mournful, sad, sorrowful, unhappy

Near Antonyms: blissful, delighted, glad, happy, joyful, joyous; elated, exultant, jubilant, triumphant


None of those words describes exactly what I feel. Maybe disquieted....What I feel is a desire to look around for a new job. One thing, where I work, is that we're always proposing new ideas and then waiting six months to hear whether or not we can move forward on the idea (if we get funding). Because of this, I'm often waiting to hear if I get to do what I want to do. I am often doing something that is close to what I like, certainly interesting, but not always what I would have chosen.

It's the last day of school. I'll tell you more about it as soon I get back from it.

No comments: