Monday, March 16, 2009

I'll just get up REALLY EARLY...

That's what I used to say when I was teaching. I'm saying it again now so I can get more writing done. Today, I've gotten in 2.5 good hours of writing.

Before I reached my 2.5 hours of good writing, I spent an hour this morning going back through and determining where I was, and where I was heading with the paper before the conference. (Context switching is SO hard!) I was starting to get on a role writing before the conference. I thought I'd be able to keep writing and make progress on the paper at the conference....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... The conference was pretty intense. Okay, really intense. Good. Learned tons. I am sure my head is actually a leeeeeetle bigger because of all the new synapses created during the conference. Darn, I wish I had measured it before I went.

Anyway, now, I'm back writing my paper and I am going to stay up late or get up REALLLLLLLLLY EARLY tomorrow because I want a complete draft. I would like it by tomorrow night. It's probably do-able.




On another note, today, oNe had the day off from school. I took her and her sisters to an indoor playground (it rained for a while). We met up with some of the other kids in her class. It was great.

I loved getting a chance to talk with three of the other Moms. One of the Moms is in my Zumba class, and I really like the other two. One of the other Moms has a really difficult daughter. She's fully aware of how difficult her daughter is, and she doesn't particularly like it, but she loves her daughter, and she's totally down-to-earth, so I find talking to her, and her perspective on the situation, really interesting.

Okay, remind me to tell you about arms, and kids/parents community stuff.

Off I go to write a little more and then work out.

No comments: