Thursday, December 18, 2008

weird

I read a lot of blogs.... Not as many as I used to read, but a lot.

Anyway, I just stumbled on the blog of a woman* I used to read, but haven't read in multiple years... I dunno... maybe 3-5 years? I used to read her a great deal... but she kind of drove me crazy, so I stopped. (I never left comments, but sometimes you grow away from people... even people you've NEVER MET.)

Anyway, I stumbled across her blog and saw a picture of her and it looked like she was getting older. Maybe it wasn't a flattering picture, but she must have kind of liked it because she used it on her blog, but it made her look a great deal older... I guess, the blogosphere is getting older**... and younger, and older... It's a little weird to see someone you've never met get older. You know?



*And she will remain anonymous.

**I am aging too. In the next year, I hope to reflect a bit on what I am trying to do to counteract the effects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook is the best example of this phenomenon though I find people to be aging pretty well, I totally understand what you mean. Funny to see the "grown up" version of childhood friends.

RUTH said...

My hair has just started going grey at the temples. I'm hoping for the dramatic white at the temples and dark elsewhere evil witch look, although I'll have to grow it longer for best effect.