Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"never in a million years..."

I needed a new part for my blender. The bottom part is cracked... I never thought I'd be able to get just the part, but I googled and with one google found a place that has it for a mere $3.99 and will ship it to me for less than $3 more. I am so excited.

I googled "osterizer blender parts" and found Goodman's (all hail Goodman's) where they have this... exactly what I need. I was anticipating this being a largely impossible task.

AND...

Yesterday, I went shopping with my wonderful friend PS. We ate lunch and we chatted and caught up... I haven't seen her in like 3 weeks. We usually see each other every few days because we work together, but this fall has been a hard fall (see all the stuff about Dad) so I haven't seen her as much as I like. Soon, we'll be working together more and thinking about a fun project.

The "never in a million years" part of today is when we were shopping. I found 2 pairs of jeans that I bought. The process of jean shopping is so annoying because there are so many styles and so many sizes and so many fabrics. It seems that in each style I needed a different size... and then it got complicated because depending on the fabric types, I also needed a different size.

ARGGH!

The jeans weren't organized well by style and fabric so we had to dig through piles.... it took a LOT more time than it should have, but we still found the jeans in about an hour.

Amazing.

1 comment:

Zaz said...

Jealous! I never go shopping because I am super cheap and I don't much like doing it alone. But no shopping for me until my body stops changing!

It's clear I read your blog in bursts!