Friday, November 28, 2008

my jaw

I've written about my back a lot. I think, since July, I've been saying Zumba's helping and not lifting Three-a as much is helping too. I've been icing less, but I make sure to ice when I over do it in Zumba. I think, and I tend to be conservative in making proclamations of improvement, that my back is feeling better. It's not perfect, but I feel like I've figured out some things that will make it better and that I can and more importantly will do to help it. (If you won't DO something, it won't help.)

Okay... with that introduction, my jaw is hurting worse. I know I'm very stressed about Dad right now, and I know this much stress isn't good, so I'm working on relaxing and figuring out solutions to help my jaw. The other night, I thought maybe a glass of wine would help. I don't drink, and I don't really want to drink alcohol because I think it is a toxin your liver has to break down and clear, but I am starting to wonder about things that might help me get stress under control. Obviously, exercise helps. I'm going to try to add yoga or meditation to my workout mix soon. I think that would be super for me. I'm guessing my jaw might become a topic around here. It hurts so much right now.

(At the store today, I wondered if my jaw hurt more because my back hurt less... in other words, am I now just able to feel my jaw above the pain in my back? I don't think that's entirely the case, but it has risen to be a bigger problem for me than my back since I feel I have some potential solutions for my back.)

No comments: