Wednesday, September 03, 2008

substitute

Next week, at Zumba, we have a substitute. Where I work (not teach) I may have to be at a meeting during the time of one of my Zumba classes. I need to let people know I am NOT available until after 3 on T and Th. I'll do it this once, but only because we have a substitute.

Boy, I am hard to work with sometimes. Mostly, I just don't want to deal with the, um, B.S. for lack of a better term. I'd rather do something good for me. My attitude has been changing over the last year. It's because of MWH. I tell him he is spoiling me. He is. It's good though, I spoil him too. Anyway, the meeting is a meeting with a client when we're pitching an unsolicited idea. A cold sales call meeting is NOT my idea of fun.

It will be good for me to talk about my ideas with the client, but I don't want to miss Zumba. I also don't know if I want to lead a project if the client likes my ideas. I don't have a lot of time. I can't tell work that I don't want to do this, and maybe it doesn't make sense for me to do it. (PS? Thoughts?) The chances that the client will want to give us lots of money are very slim. Most likely, and it's the worst case scenario, they'll want me to write a paper or make a plan for them for a very miniscule amount of money. Sigh. I shouldn't have gone to the meeting yesterday. I just don't have enough time. Theoretically, in January, I'll have a little more time. (Probably the other unspoken thing, is amount of interest... I don't have a lot of interest in developing something for this client. I would rather do a LOT of other things.)

If I become a Zumba teacher, then I have to be in class and I could skip meetings.

Did I tell you my Zumba teacher teaches more than 20 classes a week? I asked her how many calories she has to eat a day and she doesn't know, but guessed about 5,000. She is totally skinny and buff. I don't want to have to eat 5,000 calories a day, but my new goal is to work out at least 8 hours a week. I'm at 3-5 a week now depending on how the week goes. I need to get back to doing weights again. Since I discovered Zumba, I don't really do weights. Zumba has a workout with weights on their DVD and I need to get lighter weights and try it.

(I have some light weights somewhere, but I can't find them. I've looked a bit for them, but I need to get more organized. This morning, I said to MWH, I need a new filing system. I have papers spread out all over the floor in my room. He laughed and said, "If you just shove them all to the right it will be a better system. Heh. Maybe later, when I download the camera, I'll post a picture I took of the mess. Would you like that?)


Okay... this is a random post and I don't have time to organize it, nor do I really want to take to organize it. I have to organize other things (see above). I think the post is a little, um, stream-of-conscience-y because 1) I am still worried about Dad. I think he needs to go back in the hospital so we can get a better picture of what is wrong and 2) K and T start school soon (I have to get them ready!).

I can't believe my baby, T, is starting. N started preschool right after T was born. That was 3 years ago. How did three years go by so quickly? T went with me as I enrolled N. T was in the infant car seat. One of my friends described the infant car seat as a "really heavy purse." I laughed at the accurate (to me) description.

Okay, rambling now. It happens.

1 comment:

PS said...

My guess is that it's low probability that we'll get funding, and if they ask you to work more more time than you have available or on a really tight budget, you should just say no or complain to your supervisor and let her stand up for you :D