Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Slow down

I think, a new goal I will have is to slow down... (she says as she tries to type this in less than a minute before running off to school with oNe).


I find that I make mistakes when I don't take the necessary time. I find that others do too. I found that I made myself look "dumb" when I replied to an email too quickly. I almost did it again, but fortunately, I waited. For my class, I think I will require myself to take a day to respond to messages that come in via email or online.

I find that when I'm rushed, I am also less patient. I want to be more in-control. I don't want to bark at the girls.

Slow. Breathe. Smile.

I'll use those words to help me.

I need to internalize them and then make make them mine. Make them the strategy I turn to first.

I like fast. I like crazy. I like chaos, but I want to be able to be calm and in control in chaos and not just react to it.

No comments: