Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heh.

On one of the blogs I read, the Mom got a picture of her son imitating her with the breast pump. It reminded me I should record that N used to think the breast pump was to pump milk IN for the baby.




On another note, T (3) is weaned. She would have been happy to keep nursing, and some might think I'm cruel to have stopped before she wanted to stop (fully--though she was close to stopping on her own), but I did stop. She has asked to nurse a handful of times. I have gotten her a Thomas sippy cup and she can have ice water in her crib (only a teeny bit) and she seems pretty happy about that. She's not cried but she's definitely whined and complained about not getting to nurse.

I've replaced some of the nursing closeness with silly-tickling games before bed. She laughs and laughs. I try to let her have the intimacy and my full attention, but without the lactation. She's had several changes in her life. No more nursing, starting preschool, her n3nny being gone for three weeks, but she's been a champion for the most part. She is really a good girl.

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

Just to say...it's been about 2 months for Little Wy, and today he sadly said "Can I have Nursey in my bed tonight?"...