Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What's next?

I'm a little tired today, but it's good! I was up reading Harry Potter until 2:30 am, and I have no brain. It was nice to read and finish the book. It had been on my list of things to do for a long time!

From my weekend posts, you can probably tell I did a fair amount of cleaning. I'm good at cleaning. I am not good at organizing. Fortunately, N3nny is great at organizing. N3nny will be working with us until January, and then she'll be moving on to do other things in her life. I am so sad, but thrilled for her. While she is still here, I need to have her help me get organized! Getting organized is a priority for this summer.

Here's some of my list:


Backyard:
-Get an outside table (actually, we decided to re-paint a table we already have and I need to get on that)
-Kids' play area (need something! When I am feeling optimistic, I feel we'll be able to start the kids' play area this summer and make it how we really want it. When I'm not feeling optimistic, I feel like I should just get a little tikes play house for this summer and at least give them something to do.)
-Get the backyard "remodel' started (we have to add some retaining walls and figure out a LOT, but we need the surveyor to finish so we can get going!)

Inside:
-Get shelves built in bedroom for a little "office alcove"
-Organize MWH's and my closet
-Organize kids closet/get new dresser
-Go through the BILLIONS of boxes upstairs in our loft and put in bookshelves
-Get a new tv for the living room (kind of a low priority)
-Figure out if we want more shelves built in the living room (when the guy who builds the shelves in the bedroom comes out, we'll discuss options with him).

Give away:
-A lot of clothes that T's outgrown
-Crib (almost! next Friday)
-Cradle (almost)
-Pack and Play (DM, you still want it?)
-Maybe give away some of the strollers we have (We have one double, 3 umbrellas, one jogger...)

Long term:
New furniture for our bedroom (I think the alcove needs to get done first)
Some more bedroom furniture for the guest room


I'll discuss what's next for work later. (Note, the list here may change as things evolve.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried posting earlier but now I forgot what I was going to say. Nat commandeered the computer and what's worse she left the window open so if you see that someone was on your blog for 10 hours, yeah, that was me. lol