Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OTOH

I know some of my students liked what we did.... They may not have loved me, but they said they were sad class was ending. Who knows... I shouldn't really worry about them any more... I don't really worry about them, but I did learn a lot about trying to improve methods for teaching... It kind of sucks to try new things. I know this... They didn't like it... I can't blame them for not liking new things. A few did. You win some, you lose some. I must focus on the positive!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

H & K go to the same primary school I did (I think that you'd call it elementary school). This makes me particularly aware of how much has changed since I was at school. Normally I notice things like how the children are given a much wider variety of ways of learning and how they often work in small groups at different levels in the same class.

Reading this post made me think about it in a different way. It made me think about what I would have thought of H & K's class if I'd gone there part way through my first year at school. It would have been quite a surprise.