Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Working hard

My students are working hard. I think I posted how I wasn't going to teach next semester. If I were going to teach next semester, I think I could potentially make more progress with another group of students again. I have continued to learn about supporting students and doing this teaching thing with _________ better.

If I were sticking around, I'd really encourage the department to make the writing course a pre-requisite for the class. I'd really work on getting a slightly different focus in the class, and I'd..... but I'm tired. I'm going to take some time to get my head back into my research and figure out what the next crazy thing is--and if there is a next crazy thing. I should be with my family and see my friends more and NOT be crazy. I have a friend who is inspiring me to relax a little. (Hi PS!)

Back to the class...my students are tired too. This semester, it's been good. My wise friend Ruth cautioned me about talking about my students as if they were one, but I think I can safely say they are ALL tired. I do think we will all (or almost all) feel good at the end though--you know, the satisfaction with a job done well.

One of my students asked if I was going to be at graduation today.... and then seemed genuinely disappointed when I said I wouldn't be. I took it as a positive sign.

No comments: