Sunday, April 13, 2008

record

Today, K (3.9) went to a birthday party for a friend. I took her. It was a fun four-year-old party. (OH MY, I'm going to have a four-year-old again soon.) With N, four was a TOUGH year. Fortunately, N and K are different children and often do opposite things.

Anyway, the party was at a little fun restaurant in a chic little town near where we live. At the restaurant, there was a man who works where I work. He's actually a very famous person. He is an older gentleman and he has done many incredible things, but one of the things has impacted the lives of everyone who owns a computer. (Seriously.) I've always been in awe of his work. In our cafeteria, he often sits and eats alone. I've wanted to go talk with him, but I've never had the courage.

I was right behind him ordering and he turned around and I stammered.... "You're D____ _________." He looked pleased and confused. I chatted with him for a while and told him I worked where he worked, and more stuff...I talked about my favorite project of all time.... I did the "typical JK thing" of getting nervous and talking a lot. He told me next time I see him in the cafeteria to come over and say hi. I told him I will.

PS and Z, if you're reading, want to have lunch with him someday? I think he'd like it. I'm still a little giddy from the thrill of having talked with him. He's an amazingly nice guy.

3 comments:

Zaz said...

Re: D, definitely! Eating by yourself can be peaceful but also lonely...

PS said...

Yes, I'll walk over with you if we see him!

Anonymous said...

You probably made his day!