Friday, April 11, 2008

2 minutes

I love to exercise. I truly do. I am working on getting more time in my life and I am imagining I will be devoting some of my new found time to more exercise. I think it's the best thing a person can do for themselves. I think eating well is also important, but exercise may actually be my top choice for the healthiest thing a person can do for themselves. Feel free to post a differing opinion. I'm curious as to what you think.

Anyway, I am trying to get myself to do more weights. It's one of my goals for the year. I was hoping to do 5-10 minutes a day, but I have to confess, I haven't done this yet this year. I have decided I need to make myself do just two minutes of weights a day... TWO MINUTES... that's nothing. Two minutes often leads to three minutes.... and then 3 will lead to 4 and etc. I just did my 2 minutes (actually closer to three, but who's counting).

Go me! I am going to make myself do 2 minutes before I post a blog entry. I think that will be the incentive I need. (Yes, I have to bribe myself sometimes.) Any one want to join me and make your own two minute challenge? Make yourself _________ (you fill in the blank) for at least two minutes before you do something you like to do?

2 comments:

Zaz said...

I'm terrible about brushing my teeth. It's really embarassing. Maybe that should be my 2 minutes!

Weight lifting is such a bore! I have to make appointments with someone to get it to happen!

Anonymous said...

I was doing so well with this in late Fed/early March and then I fell off the wagon. lol I'm getting back to it, though. That's my goal too. More consistent exercise. These past few weeks have been pathetic (mainly because of the allergy/sinus crud and then my recent attack of exhaustion)