Tuesday, February 19, 2008

pretty and random!



Here's a shot of my pretty roses from Valentine's Day. I tried to get them into a heart shape, but alas, they wouldn't cooperate.

Today I am staying home with my girls! All day! Actually, that's not true, we're going to pack up in a few minutes and go get N's hair trimmed before she turns into a shaggy sheep dog! Her bangs are starting to interfere with her eyesight. Oh, on a serious note, I was extremely myopic as a child and adult. (I say was because I had LASIK. Best thing ever if you're contemplating it. I was scared to death, but seriously, Best. Thing. Ever. 20/20 (R) and 20/25 (L).)

Where was I? Oh yea, N (6) went for her 6-year check-up at the doctor and her eyesight is 20/30 and 20/40. I have to get her in to the eye doctor to see what's occurring. I'm guessing she'll need glasses in the next year or so. Sigh. You can't get LASIK until you're all grown up (after 25) and your eyes have been stable for at least 2 years. My eyes didn't go stable until I was about 28. I had LASIK when I was 34. (A little documentation)

What else... Oh yea... After the hair trim, we're going to go have lunch with MWH! I haven't had time to take all 3 to lunch with him since, well, for a long time! We're all excited. I love going to MWH's work place. I worked there for one year and it was stupendous! Someday I'll tell you more about it. It was an amazing year!

I got a set of papers from my students yesterday and can I say, I have some serious overachievers this semester. It makes me PROUD! It is invigorating. Just what the doctor ordered. Yippee. Of course, there are 4-5 of them and they are going to change my expectations for all of the students. On the whole though, this group of students is much much more motivated than the last group.

More soon!

No comments: