Friday, February 01, 2008

I think

I think I was grumpy because it feels like I always NEED to be doing something or else I'm letting someone down. I think this is a common feeling women have. Today, I wanted to take a moment for myself and I was experiencing guilt and feeling selfish because I wanted that moment. I'm better now. The workout helped a lot! It gave me "a moment." I did 25 minutes on the elliptical; some weights and sit-ups; and then some cartwheels and handstands!

Remember I'm a firm believer that turning upside down on a regular basis will keep you young.* Think about it, with all the blood rushing to the head, it has to help with something, right? Since it's my birthday and I'm worried about the age thing, I think I NEEDED to do few cartwheels and handstands. They seemed to improve my mood.

MWH came home early tonight so we got to hang out a lot tonight. We were going to go out for ice cream tonight, but N3nny and the girls baked me a cake and it was SUPER YUMMY. N3nny loves to bake and does it on a regular basis with the girls. I'm not eating ice cream, but I'm eating freshly baked homemade cookies at least once or twice a week. This week it was cookies (one batch baked in two halves so fresh baked cookies on two different days) and cake. At the moment, the scale stills says minus 4 from the weight I was at before the stomach flu. I'm thrilled.

What else... a friend I haven't spoken to for a long time called tonight to wish me a Happy Birthday. It was fun to catch up. I hope to see her this spring/summer when we take a trip to near where she lives.

At some point, I'll post pictures of what MWH got for me. I laughed and laughed at one of the gifts and was so touched at the other one.

Perhaps the best moment of the day was when the 3 little girls were singing Happy Birthday to me. It was so sweet. Priceless.

I'm very lucky, very happy, and the next time I'm so grumpy, slap me around, or tell me to go do some cartwheels or something!




*Wow, I quoted myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really turned it around. Happy Birthday, friend!

Mrs. CP said...

A belated happy birthday to you!

RUTH said...

And an even more belated Happy Birthday from me.