Wednesday, January 30, 2008

They said it couldn't be done....

When I started a second blog, back in June, for the family, my friends shook their heads and said, "There's no way you'll be able to keep up with two blogs!" I've been keeping up with two blogs, posting about every other day to the family one and pretty much every day here. I've been a little stressed and sick the last couple of weeks, so I haven't posted here as much as usual, but it's a bit of an anomaly.

I feel like it's possible for me to have two blogs, but I'm struggling with what stories go on which blog. The family blog has lots of pictures and generally little in the way of just text. But sometimes, I write a story about the girls, put it here, and then and I wish I'd put it on the family blog because I'm sure the Grandmas would LOVE to read it.

I view this blog as a place for me to think aloud. I don't even think aloud about everything but I think aloud about things I would discuss with my friends. I wouldn't discuss all of the things I discuss here with my family, mostly because I don't want to make my family worry. I used to post all the little girl stories here, but now I'm wanting to post them to the family blog... I'm trying to figure out if I should change the name of this blog and change the focus slightly....or what to do...

[Picture removed]

I need your help my faithful readers. How should I do this? I know some of you read both blogs, so it probably doesn't matter to you where things go, but suggestions are appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's a pickle. i do read both. you could do pics (like that one) and short text here AND the other stuff. And then do the full-on pictures and stories there. ya think?

Mrs. CP said...

Could you just post about the little girls on both blogs? Just copy/paste, cut out the pictures for this one?

If anything, I'd err on sharing the little girl stories on your family blog since I'm sure they love to hear about them... but if you do that, I can see why you might want to change the name of this blog if your focus isn't going to be on them anymore.

Kate said...

If the whole point of this blog is to just think and write whatever you want, the girls are part of that. I can see how you would want to have the cute stuff the girls do on the other blog too for your family, but this blog seems to be about your life as a whole...which includes the girls. Tough choice....