Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Interruption

We (N, 6; T, 2.25 and I) got sick Monday night. It was a nasty 6-ish hour bug. My washing machine got quite the work-out Monday-Tuesday. I felt a lot better by yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. Still exhausted, but mucho better. Now I'm catching up from the illness. More soon. I have lots I want to blog about and lots of half written posts. Be patient with me as I dig my way out from the loss of 24 hours.

This morning, the number on my scale was lower than I've seen it since 2001. This is due to above, but in related news, T is definitely weaning. When she's done, I anticipate a 3-5 pound drop in my weight. T didn't nurse the last two nights... Granted, we had the whole illness thing, but nursing babies usually love to nurse when they are sick because it's comforting. It's also the perfect food/nutrition and has many wonderful, healing qualities.

Since nursing is so good, I was torn about whether I should offer her the opportunity or not. I didn't offer and she didn't ask. We're in the weaning stage of if she doesn't ask, I don't offer. I stuck to that even though I wanted to offer. I almost offered last night (Tuesday) but decided since I was still recovering not to push my body any harder. We'll see what happens tonight. She skipped one night last week (on her own), barely nursed a couple of others, and nursed a lot on Sunday. She's 2 years, 5 months... That's a fine age to wean. (I remember when she was born and I was counting down until 8/07 when I would stop nursing...Here we are in 1/08...)

No comments: