Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nanny stuff

The girls love iNanny. She plays with them. This is different than what MP did. MP nurtured and cuddled, but she never really played. She read, but didn't run around with them.

I am still doing a few more interviews. Last night's interview, um, well, interviewee was sweet, but I'm not sure she really knew what children were. I told her T was two (T was asleep) and interviewee asked, "Oh, is she walking?" Not winning you any points. Most kids walk by the time they are 15 months old. If she knew kids, she'd know that. A better way to phrase the question would be, "Tell me what T likes to do. How does she like to play?" Interviewee decided to be a nanny because that's what a good friend from college did. She'd "never thought about it before."

I'm a little sensitive right now about iNanny because iNanny has some personal issues. Anytime a nanny is a "grown-up" as in not just fresh out of college, they have issues. It's okay, and if I hadn't have just dealt with a lot of issues with MP, I might not be so attuned to them. I keep looking for "show stoppers" with iNanny. I figure iNanny has a couple of weeks to show me that it will all be okay unless I meet a better candidate from the agency. There are 2 I'm interested in (from their resumes). I'll meet them and then determine what will be best.

Sigh. It sucks. I really can't wait until we don't need a nanny anymore.

No comments: