Tuesday, October 30, 2007

can't sleep

I don't know why, but this fall, I've had 3 "can't sleep" episodes. Maybe it's my class. Theoretically, it will be easier next semester.

Maybe I can't sleep because I keep thinking about my friend. She's on life-support, and while we'd still like that miracle, it would have to be a very large miracle. I'm not sure they make them as large as she needs.

Maybe I can't sleep because we have a big black lab in our backyard. No, we didn't get a dog. I found him... He was running in our street this morning. Our street is not a busy street, but he almost ran into a car this morning. I was worried about him. He's a sweet dog. He came bounding up to me and I couldn't just leave him. He's a big strong oaf of a dog, and he doesn't seem "street smart" at all. So far, we've put up a couple of "found dog" signs.

Today, I'll take him to the vet to see if he's got an identification chip. He can't sleep either. He's outside and he's been crying most of the night. I feel like I'm keeping him from his family. I am sure I am doing the right thing because I was really worried he'd get hit by a car if I'd left him running. He has a tag, and it says his name is "Jake," but the phone number on the tag has been disconnected. Sigh.

Okay... It's almost Halloween. I'm sure there will be pictures of cute little girls dressed up on the other blog soon.

I plan to keep blogging on two blogs, but I've been struggling to figure out how to do it. If you have any thoughts, let me know. If you don't read the other blog, but would like to, let me know. There's lots of picts and less of my whining over there. Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've had sleep issues over here too. Ugh. I think you're doing the right thing. I'd want someone to hang on to Charlie is he was wondering around too long. I hope Jake has a chip. Charlie does!

And gosh, I'm so sorry about your friend. Man, I feel for her family. What a horrendous time this must be for them. :(