Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Still echoing in my ears...

T (2) screamed when I dropped her off at daycare today. I left her in the very-capable hands of the teacher. She only screamed for ~5 minutes, but it was sad. When I picked her up, she was happily playing on the rocking horse. Even if we had a nanny (new one) she'd scream at first. I'm thinking of letting MWH drop her off one day so he can see how she does. I doubt she'll scream (as much) when he drops her off. Those ear-piercing, heart-wrenching screams are generally reserved for the Mommy.

It's tough to be the Mommy.




If you're playing along at home, the daycare center does have a spot for either part-time or full-time for T. I can't decide if full-time makes sense... It would give maximal flexibility and it wouldn't be significantly more in price than the part-time slot (and it is SIGNIFICANTLY less than we were paying for the nanny). I wouldn't plan to use it full-time, but it might be good to have total flexibility since my schedule is erratic.

On another note, I was discussing the options with MWH and Miss T was listening. She knew exactly what we were talking about and she said she didn't want it. We'll see... I haven't actually gotten a lead for a nanny who will work given our schedule. I'm just not that motivated to search, but I do think we could use some nanny help, so I should probably get searching. Tonight I need to sit down with a piece of paper and map our schedule and add in the "extended care" options for N and K.

Oh, this is emotionally difficult. The good news is I'm getting to see my kids more. I am thrilled about that. I have missed them. I loved seeing the Chicken Dance interaction. Who knows if I would have gotten to see that if MP was still here. MWH got to take K (3) to lunch today. She really wanted to go with him to his work and eat lunch there. A daddy-daughter lunch date.

No comments: