Sunday, September 02, 2007

She asked for mac-cheese for breakfast.

Who am I to refuse? T (2) is full of two-year-old opinions! She is so two now. It has been happening for a while, but I've not been accepting that she's fully-fully two!

I do find two much easier to handle the third time around (so far, but I reserve the right to change my mind).

The evidence:
1. This morning, T did not want a princess placemat, she wanted a duck one.

2. Last night, she did NOT want to ride in the stroller on the way home from the park.

3. Friday night, she did NOT want to sit in her car seat. M&Ms almost couldn't convince her to get in Friday night.

We've been having car seat battles for a while now, but they are definitely getting worse.

I guess, the third time around, I realize that this is only the beginning and not the time to get worried yet. She may get worse, or not. Most likely she'll become more opinionated (and stubborn) and things will get harder, but it's important because she's learning how to be independent.

She is so darn cute even when she's throwing a little temper tantrum. A lot of her has to do with her limbic system coming online... More on this later.




Further Reading:
This is a nice little piece on brain development and behavior.

No comments: