Monday, September 03, 2007

Homework....

N had her first homework assignment due tomorrow. She kept saying how she didn't want to do it. It's the FIRST one. How can we already be having homework battles????????

She's being very obstinate about reading or anything having to do with it right now. I'm not doing very well with dealing with this. Any suggestions on what I should say or how I should approach this? Normally, MWH encourages her and she does whatever he wants. (She's a Daddy's Girl!) However, this time, not even MWH can motivate her.

I think part of the problem is that most kids in her class aren't reading. She's one of the few that are so she doesn't feel the need to work. Sigh. I need to think about what to do. She really needs the teacher to push her and I don't think that's going to happen. I'll know more about kindergarten after Friday. (I'm going to be volunteering in her classroom.) Hmmmm... Maybe I can get the teacher to talk with N about how important homework is to her. N seems all about doing what the teacher says.

More on kindergarten soon!

No comments: