Sunday, June 03, 2007

Y?

We're thinking of joining the Y for the summer (or longer). I think it makes sense. It's got an

  1. indoor pool (positives and negatives for that)**
  2. slide at the pool (postive)
  3. we don't know if N is big enough to go on the slide (potential negative)
  4. childcare (free for 90 minutes while I work out -- total plus!)
  5. times that work when N and K could take swimming lessons together
  6. a gated park area we could go play on during the weekends (kind of nice, but there are plenty of parks)


Our nanny is leaving for vacation at the end of this week and I want the girls and I to have some things to do the full week she's gone. We could go to the Y and I could work out and swim and that would give us a lot to do.



Along the lines of why, both K (3) and T (21 months) want to know WHY on earth tables were designed with sharp corners right at head height.

Who was the genius that thought this was a good idea????? We went to lunch today and K ran into a table. She screamed for a long time. Poor girl. It really hurt. Before that, T bent down to get something and bonked her forhead... She has a little bruise. It's tough to be little!




*I want to find an outdoor pool we like, but maybe it makes more sense next summer when the girls are all a little older. I hate the sunscreen slathering that is necessary before going outside, so I'm not a big fan of being outside during the day in the bright sunlight. And then it gets too cold at night. Am I a wimp or what?

No comments: