Friday, June 15, 2007

More crying all around

N (5) was very sad today after school ended. She cried and cried on the drive home. She was sad about the class ending. I told her I was too. She said, "But you're not me. You don't know." I realized at this point that this is just the start of her thinking there is NO WAY I could possibly understand what she's feeling. It will only get worse as she gets older.

Right now, it makes me sad that I can't make it all better. It also makes me sad that she thinks I can't understand.

By the time we got home, she was much better. I hope the summer goes okay. I'll have to document more about it soon.

There was lots more crying from K and T, but writing it all out makes me feel very whiny. Here's the short version:

K wanted me to hold her. T wanted me to hold her. T wanted to nurse non-stop. What did I expect? They were both sick. Because of the sibling rivalry for me to hold them both, and N wanting dinner, K knocked T off the chair and T hit her head on the wood floor. Microsoft Word (a product I loathe) ate a graphic in a document I was working on and I had to re-do a lot of work. We watched a lot of televsion to keep us sane.

No comments: