Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stable for the moment.

I'm having an identity crisis. We won't call it a midlife crisis, because I won't admit I'm that old. I am stable for the moment, but I promise you that you'll get to hear more about it later. I know I'll have another meltdown at some point! When work stuff gets stupid, which was how my interaction with that person was yesterday, I decide that working is for the birds. I don't have time to deal with stupid, unneccessary stress. I'm usually unaware of the office gossip, or politics... I try to just do my work.

I like having colleagues that are good, and challenge me in a positive way, but making me feel stupid, unnecessary, and unappreciated makes me want to quit. I don't need that.




On another note, we had some unneccessary excitement around here tonight... T (20 months) fell off of one of our kitchen chairs and it fell over on her. It landed on her right foot. Her poor foot! It is so swollen. I tried to put ice on it, but she hated that. She let me run cold water on it for about 10 minutes. MWH and I debated about the ER. We called the advice nurse. She thought it didn't sound bad enough to go to the ER tonight. We agreed. It's not pretty, it's big and purple*, but T walked on it without limping too much**. She also was consolable.

The nurse said if it was broken, that foot fractures are often just in a single place, so they are more likely to be in one small place and stable (hey another tie to the blitle***). I took stable to mean less likely to need to be set, and also that T probably wouldn't injure it more overnight. The nurse said to see how she was walking in the morning and if neccessary, take her to the doctor.




Totally unrelated to ANYTHING.....there is this older man who is always at the coffee shop in the morning. I think he's a retired firefighter. He's not that old, but he seems kind of, um, like he wants to be thought of as old. I don't know the term for that ... Maybe, mostly, he seems like a luddite.

Anyway, he was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Got B___?" In my first quick glance at him, I thought it said, "Got Blog?" I was shocked. I didn't figure he'd wear a shirt that said that****. I took another look and realized it said, "Got BBQ?" and it made a lot more sense that he would wear a shirt that said that!





*I did take a picture, but T didn't want me to take it so it's not that good. I'll download the camera later and maybe add to this post.

**It is so sad to see a baby limp!

***blitle=blog title... MWH started calling them that.

****That would be a cool shirt!

2 comments:

Mrs. CP said...

How is T doing today? I hope her foot is feeling much better and didn't have to go in.

Sorry you had a rough time at work yesterday. :-(

Anonymous said...

:::hugs:::

Poor little T! Anna Sofia was walking funny after one of her last vaccines (they told me she would). It is really pathetic to see them limp at this age. I hope she's better and I hope YOU are feeling better.