Thursday, May 17, 2007

More reading!

N (5) read a whole book tonight. She's been reading trying to read books for a couple of weeks now, and she is getting better and better. We are so proud. It is so cool!

She was so proud of herself too. She was dancing around her room saying, "Reading is so much fun! I love it! Wasn't it great that I read Hooray? I sounded it out. It was a hard word and I just sounded it out."

I forgot to record what T (20 month) does when I read Melmo (Elmo) books to her. She kisses Elmo on every page. (So cute.)

1 comment:

RUTH said...

H & K like to hug books when people in them are hurt. This started with a book about the three billy goats gruff which had a picture of the troll falling off the bridge. I found there empathy with the troll endearing and fascinating. They've shown my that most traditional children's stories have peculiar morals if you empathise with the wrong characters.