Thursday, May 17, 2007

Meeting myself coming and going....

This week was really busy. Super-duper busy. I simply had too many plates in the air. I don't think I dropped any of them, but I'm not sure. I still have two big things to finish tomorrow.... plus all my grading... plus finishing the final... plus K's (3) birthday party... Oy vey! (That's not a saying I use generally, but it just works here!)

I got my hair cut today. I made the appointment 4 weeks ago (when I wasn't busy) and I couldn't cancel because then I'd never get in before our trip next week. I NEEDED a hair cut! Today, I actually CUT my hair--not just a trim.

My hair has been in a shag haircut since 12/05. It's been at or below my shoulders for a year. Now it's just above my shoulders in more of a bob. I wanted the change. Hair grows. I thought I was going to try to grow it out, but every time it reached an inch or two below my shoulders, I'd get it cut right back up to my shoulders. Now, it's much shorter. I was really tired of the shag look. It's definitely gone!

What else... We went to new kindergartener orientation tonight..... The school looks nice. The teachers look nice. I'm going to need to figure out how to work less at work because I'm going to want to volunteer as much as I can in N's room. We'll find out whether we're in afternoon or morning preschool about a week before school starts. We're really hoping for afternoon. We are soooo not morning people. 8:30 drop-off would do us in!

This is a boring post.... I've still got a lot of work to do.... Exciting posts coming soon! Heh.

No comments: