Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jes or Ses or Tses or Hes

It's always very enthusiastic. It's how Miss T (21 months) says yes. She started saying it on our trip.

Nole me is hold me. Nole me now, Mama makes me melt. She still does the jargoning thing*, but she is speaking a lot more now. I asked her to do something the other day and she said, "No, Mama, I'm reading now." We get sentences like this on a regular basis. Tonight she was playing with a toy dog and N (5) took it away while she wasn't looking. She came back and said, "Where did woof go? I go find woof."

She learned "sky" on the trip over the weekend. She knew "moon," from reading books, but hadn't seen the moon in person because we NEVER go out after dark (the little girls are too crazy!). She got all excited about seeing the Moon.

One night, while I was typing on my crackberry, she asked to see my crackberry. I told her, "No, mommy is playing." She said, "I want to play." So then I tried to get her to say, "crackberry." She said, "crack." Then she said, "I want crack." Heh.

She sings E-I-E-I-O all the time and has just started singing "twinkle twinkle" for us. "Up up up above sky" is how she sings it.

Soon Miss T is going to be a talker and not just learning to talk. I am seriously going to miss this stage so much. It is so much fun to watch them learn to communicate and share their understanding of the world. My last baby is growing up.




*Jargoning is when they sound like they are talking but just make random sounds. They use correct intonation and you think you should understand them. It is very cute! Babies usually stop doing it by the time they are two. T's done it more than I remember K or N doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna Sofia's latest is:

"I ready (pause) to go."

LOL It's so darned cute. LOVE THIS AGE.