Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Grown up

Miss N (5) was really trying to read a book tonight... A long 15 page book.

We made it through 7 pages in about 1/2 hour. We sounded out words. She knows quite a few sight words and that is nice. She did well and worked really hard. She really wants to learn to read now.

For the longest time, N seemed to doubt whether she could read or not, but now she seems ready. I have most of a post written by MWH (when I begged him daily to write one) about what he did to get her started learning to read. They started back in November '06 or so. I need to get him to finish it up and post it....

Anyway, now N wants to 1) learn to read, 2) lose her teeth, 3) be grown up.

Hang on! Don't grow up so fast! My first baby! She's so big!




In the same theme, I'm filling out all of the paperwork for K (2.9) to start preschool this summer....

No comments: