Wednesday, May 02, 2007

apparently I didn't get enough sleep last night...

I'm grumpy....

These are the things that are making me grumpy.

1. Two police cars were parked in the driveway to the coffee shop. They were discussing who-knows-what. Granted, it might have been something very important to police business, but if it was so important and urgent, why did they (nearly) block the driveway for 10+ minutes. (They were still chatting when I left.)

I wanted to say something, but I figured it might be a bad thing to criticize two police officers. Why? Because 1) they looked like they were 12 2) they looked like they enjoyed having the power they have TOO MUCH and 3) they were FRICKIN' clueless about what they were doing and probably wouldn't have liked having that pointed out to them given 1 and 2.

2. One of my students... She has less patience and perspective on the world than N (5). Seriously. She is over 20 and she acts like my 5-year-old. She (the student) annoys me. To. No. End. She does an assignment and runs up to me to ask what her grade is. I have 36 students. I don't have time to calculate HER GRADE every time she does an assignment.

She wrote me an email about how she didn't want to be associated with this other girl (probably her best friend--they talk all the time) in the class because grades were so important to her (the annoying girl).... and she didn't know how important they were to the other girl....

It was so funny because the other girl (who doesn't bug) has a 103% in the class and the annoying girl has 84%. I think associating with the other girl would be a good thing.

3. That I can't send emails from my regular work when I'm at [local-state] University.... They have some firewall-thing I've yet to figure out how to bypass. Usually I can get it to work, but not here. Grrr.


Okay, must work now....

2 comments:

RUTH said...

I'm too much of a geek to let 103% pass without comment.

Anonymous said...

I love #2. HA HA HA HA One of these days you'll have to tell me where and what you're teaching. Although, we don't get to do much of it, I miss chatting, luv!