Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Report

T (19 months) is much better now. She didn't eat much on Friday, Saturday, or today--until dinner tonight. She seems to be almost all the way recovered... except for the s'nose. And boy, is it a s'nose!

I worked a lot yesterday. I'm almost ready for my class... Almost. Here's hoping I look like an effective instructor tomorrow.

N (5) put on a show today. She made 10 big pictures (2X3 sheets of paper) and hung them on the wall. They were the scenery for the show. Then she stood in front of each one and told us what was happening. In half the show she was a flower that was found by a princess. In the other half the show she was a prince who got married to a beautiful princess. They had a baby. There was even a costume change and lighting. Oh, and music. It was quite the production. During the show, T came in with one galosh on and clomped around ... The cuteness never stops.

Here are some of the pictures she drew for the show.
























And this last one is my favorite scene... It's a coach with horses. When this scene came up, N would stand in front of the picture and pretend to drive the coach by "holding the reins" from the picture. It was so cute!













We went to the library (but it was too cold for running through the fountains today). N is reading the Ramona books.... Actually, her daddy is reading them to her. He never read them as a child. He was a boy. Now he gets a chance to be introduced.

Is any one else having trouble believing it's April?

I usually don't do this here, but I must tonight....Lady with the little boy in the stroller at the library.... What was the deal with your shoes???? Why were they 3 sizes too small? You were otherwise very fashionable. Black slip-on pumps with your heels hanging off the edge are just not attractive. Fashion don't.

1 comment:

Mrs. CP said...

Glad T is better!

N's creativity continues to amaze me!!

And the lady with the shoes...hmm...maybe her feet were hurting and/or she had a blister and so she was purposefully hanging her feet off the back to find relief? I dunno...just guessing.

I need to go blog about my past 24 hours...