Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Long ago...

Long before I had heard of complex carbohydrates, I was a poor grad student. One of my favorite (and cheap!) dinners in the olden days was white rice with cheese and salsa. Now, being enlightened about carbs, I have modified the dish to use brown rice with cheese and salsa. When I work at home, it's often my lunch.

It's easy, because you can buy frozen organic brown rice at both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and it's still cheap!

So why am I telling you this? Tonight, MWH worked late (he's still there) and it was girls night! The little girls ate grilled cheese (on whole grain bread), guacamole, bean chips (baked not fried)/corn tortilla chips and milk (2 of the 3 drank soy milk). I had brown rice, salsa and cheese. Easy and tasty! (The only good thing about MWH working late is that dinners are easier--cooking wise. I'll take complicated dinners any night! I miss you MWH! So do the little girls! When I put T to bed, she said, "Want Dada." I said he's not here. She then asked "Where's Dada?" I said he's not here, he's at work. He'll come see you when he comes home, okay? She said, in her cute little way, "O-kay." )

No comments: