Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I need a moment...

Sigh.

My parents' flight was cancelled today. They are staying an extra day. There is a storm where they are heading and U*n*ited cancelled their flight. Of course, we found out that it was cancelled after we'd 1) packed up, 2) said our goodbyes, 3) driven them to the airport. It's about a 35 mile drive to the airport they were flying out of, which isn't a big deal, but I would have enjoyed not having to drive the drive today since I have to do it tomorrow.

The options were to 1) have them stay, or 2) let them go and they'd potentially get on a plane 3 hours later than what they were supposed to be on if the storm blew over. That would get them home at midnight. Maybe. If the storm blew over. If not, they'd be stuck at the airport. On flights cancelled due to weather, the airline doesn't have to put you in a hotel. Would you send your octegenarian parents off on an adventure like that? Yea, me neither. Huh, I guess I'm not a totally terrible daughter.


Now MWH and I get to 1) pack them up, 2) say goodbye, 3) and I get to drive to the airport tomorrow. Let's just hope this isn't a Groundog Day*thing.





*Cute/Good movie if you haven't see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it wasn't an explicit option for the color-theme voting, but I like this current yellow-pink color theme. Very "Spring" :)

Btw, sorry about your parents flight being canceled. What a drag for everyone!

Anonymous said...

I love that movie! You are a very good daughter. :)

I still like my soft lilac color scheme but I won't stop reading you. NOT EVER. Can't get rid of me that easily. :)