Tuesday, February 13, 2007

waving...

Just waving...

Really busy here...

I'm thinking about things through the lens of the human genome project and chromosomes today. Seriously. I've been sort of obsessed in my need to understand genetics lately (since last Thursday or Friday). In two pieces of art that are hanging around my building at work I have seen "cell division" and "dna ribbons." I am totally being influenced by my thinking about genetics for my class. I am hoping I can write a nice piece summarizing it all, but who knows if I'll have time to finish it and make it coherent. It's covering many topics and interdisciplinary, and potentially even life-changing. This work thing gets in the way of writing good blog. Heh.

On another note... I'm really embarrassed....

Really really really embarrassed.

Reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyembarrassed....


Did I mention that I'm embarrassed?


Yes, I'll share why I'm embarrassed.

N (5) has started doing this annoying thing.... When we're talking, she'll say, "nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-NO" when I'm not getting her point.

It's annoying.

I was wondering WHERE ON EARTH SHE PICKED UP THIS ANNOYING HABIT.

I was very certain that it wasn't anything I'd ever said before.

For the last few days I'd been listening for it on TV shows.

One of the tools on "Handy Manny" said it... One of the screwdrivers I believe....

I was relieved. It was TV. Heh.

Then today, I was in my supervisor's office. I was talking... He interupted me and started on a completely different subject thinking that's what I wanted to talk about....

I said, "nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-NO... I was talking about..." and then I froze.

It was ME. She got this annoying pattern of speech from ME.





I am so embarrassed. They echo you. You gotta be careful what you say.

On the other hand, it can sometimes be positive....remind me to tell you of N's use of the word ubiquitous someday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny because Rachel was saying that exact thing a while back and I knew right away she got it from my husband. He flat out denied it and then a day or two later, just like you, he said it during a conversation with me. I was so pleased when I saw his face as he realized that, yes, he was the one who said that. It made an impression on him, because I haven't heard him say it in ages.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate to tell you this, but you've been doing that for YEARS.

Sam says "how many times do I have to tell you I'm thirsty?" and "were you planning on coming over here anytime soon?"