Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

K (2.75) loved the concept and reality of Valentine's Day. Chocolate, flowers, pink, and more chocolate! I think the only thing that could have been better for her was if we hadn't made her eat "real food" today... She would have been happiest if we'd just let her eat chocolate all day!

N (5) was very excited to present her father and me with the Valentine's Day card she made. It was very sweet. I'll post a picture as soon as I download the camera. On Valentine's Day, I always think about our first Valentine's Day with N. She was only a little over a month old, but she flashed me one of her first smiles that day. I'm pretty sure it was an actual social smile and not just one of those little quirky muscle twitching ones that first happen. I was thrilled! She was my teeny valentine in 2002.

T (18 months) woke up early (9 am) so she must have been excited about something. She's such a sweetie. She loved the fact that the first food she ate this morning was chocolate and that her nanny gave her a little teddy bear.

My big valentine, MWH, is incredibly wonderful. Lately, since we have the whole princess thing going on over here, I've been calling him "my prince charming" and the girls want a prince just like him. I hope they are so lucky. I hope they find a partner to support them in whatever they want to do. I hope they find their true love too. I don't write about him very often because my blog would be a boring place... All I'd say is how wonderful he is and how I am so thrilled he is my husband. Among his many incredible traits is how much he makes me laugh and how good he makes me feel about myself.

Tonight after dinner, to celebrate Valentine's Day, the whole family went to somewhere we love.... "the ice cream store." I think going to the ice cream store as a family is a good Valentine's Day tradition... What do you think?

No comments: