Thursday, February 22, 2007

somersaults, all done and little temper tantrums

Late breaking news!!!! T (18 months) just learned how to do somersaults tonight.

I've been meaning to show her them for a while, but I haven't had a chance. Miss N learned how when she was 18 months and K was doing them off of chairs (no kidding!) at 17 months (I think she learned on the floor at 16 months). I demonstrated what a somersault was to T and then helped her dolls do somersaults and then she was willing to try. I helped her and she got it really quickly and then did some all on her own. We captured some of the process on video.

She wanted to try and do them without using her hands and sometimes she even managed to do them straight without the help of her hands. She did them better (no surprise) with her hands, but the "look ma, no hands ones" weren't bad.

*************

All done is T's favorite word(s) right now. She says it when she's done with everything... She's been waking up at 6 am every morning and saying "All Done." If she falls down and hurts herself she says, "All Done," in an effort to get the pain to stop. It's pretty cute.

*************

She is definitely a toddler... She's eating less and throwing more temper tantrums. (My favorite is when she just lays on the floor and protests silently by pouting--she's been doing that for a while now, probably 6 month, but I still find it adorably cute.) I can't believe how big my littlest girl is.

No comments: