Tuesday, February 27, 2007

set up

T (18 months) has been sleeping in her own room since 6 months. Lately, she's been communicating that she wants to sleep in K's (2.75) bed. We bought a full-size bed for K in anticipation of K and T sharing it someday. My goal is to get all 3 little girls in one room. (You can see their bed here.)

Anyway, I was planning to wait to move T into the older girls' room when she sleeps through the night on a regular basis. She isn't too bad of a sleeper, she's not as good as the older girls. The older two girls are both sleeping really well, and who wants to mess around with that?

Since T was so interested in sleeping in K's bed, I figured we'd set up the second crib in their room and if T wanted to sleep in that crib, she could. We (royal we, meaning MWH did it and I provided moral support) set up the crib tonight. T did NOT fall asleep in it. She fussed for about 30 minutes and kept her sisters awake before I moved her back into her crib in her room. I really hadn't planned on even trying until she was closer to two, but I thought she might like it. I was wrong, but we'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe she'll go from the crib in her room, straight into bed with K when she is around 2.

No comments: