Tuesday, February 20, 2007

fuzzy head

I've actually done quite a bit today with a very fuzzy head. I forgot to take my last dose of the wonder drug that is Afrin and I am sad. I could have been clear headed until ~9 pm tonight, but alas... No more Afrin for me until the next cold. (You do have to respect the 3 day rule with Afrin. It is powerful stuff!) I am on the road to recovery. I'm coughing less and a lot less congested. Two days ago I couldn't have survived without the Afrin!

I am also feeling warm and fuzzy... My supervisor and I have been working together for 10 years. We think in many of the same ways now. No surprise. It's just really really really really nice to work with someone who you respect and like. I have worked hard, but it's been very easy to work hard because a) I like what I'm doing and b) I like the people I work with a lot (especially on one project!). We have a big road ahead of us, but as long as we get the go-ahead to go down it, it will be GOOD. If not, well, you'll get to hear me complain.... a lot.... I mean a whole bunch.... (just warning you).

I think T (18 months) has the same illness I have. The illness has been making me a bit "wired" feeling. Have you ever had that? When you're sick but not able to sleep and sort of jittery? It's not from too much caffeine or too many sudafeds either. I just feel wired. (Sometimes illnesses can rev your metabolism... A silver lining to the illness cloud!)

Anyway, T was up a lot last night... At 6 am when I went to check on her (still wee hours of the morning for us folks who usually sleep until 8:30), she declared herself "All Done!" with sleep. I picked her up, snuggled and nursed her and then put her in the crib. That's when sheflailed her arms in the all done sign and yelled, "ahhhl doen... Ahhhhh doen.... over and over." Despite how cute it was, I told her she was not all done and that sensible babies did not get up so early. I then left her to sort it out herself. She quieted down after about 5 minutes and I didn't hear from her again until 10:30 am. Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to sleep. Fortunately I got a little work done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from another blog and I so enjoy it. I am glad you mentioned that wired feeling. I have been fighting this cough/cold/sore throat/loss of voice illness and I have experienced that jittery-ness. Glad to know I am not crazy!